So I leave the chiropractor expecting everything to be relatively calm when I get home since Brian has way more patience than me and because I had put dinner in the oven and it should be ready by now.
I drive up and everyone is playing in the yard with no screaming. Clara runs up and tells me she wants to ride in the car. No it's time to eat dinner. The crying returns. I ask Brian if he took dinner out of the oven. Not exactly he says. Well what does that mean? Did you forget? Did it burn? Definitely didn't burn he says. Well what happened? The thing about double ovens, he says, is that you have to put the food in the same oven you turn on.
So we load up the kids and eat fast food for the 4th time this week. As I pick up Miles to take him out of the car I notice he smells really good (as in smells good like baby lotion not iced latte). My sweet husband had given him a bath while I was gone. I didn't even tell him it had been a solid week since the poor kid had a bath.












1 comment:
Oh my goodness, you can't make this stuff up : )
Hope things calm down just a little bit for your sanity.
Post a Comment