Happy 3 month birthday little girl! It was right around this time last year that I got pregnant with you. Just think, you have been in our lives in one way or another for a whole year! We love you more than words can say and absolutely cannot get enough of your smile.
My favorite moments: that beautiful smile, when you talk to us with your coos and ahhhs, playing itsy bitsy spider and motor boat which you love, how you get excited and start to kick your feet when you know we are about to eat, your milky comma after you eat, and when you stop crying as soon as you see my face lean over your bed in the morning.
Clara quirks: you absolutely love being in the stroller outside no matter how fussy and tired you are, you have just started to watch the dogs and think they are pretty cool, you love being on your play mat and have gotten coordinated enough that you can reach and pull on the toys above you, you like to lay on mom and dad's bed to watch the ceiling fan and of course you are still a huge fan of your swing.
Nap/Sleep: Naps, well we are still working on that one. Some days you take three or four good naps for 45 minutes to an hour, while other days you just cat nap in 15 minute increments. Come 6PM you aren't too fun on those cat nap days. You do great for bedtime. You use to always go to bed at 9PM. But now that I'm back at work we have been moving that earlier and earlier since you have to get up so much earlier. I think we are going to start aiming for 7:30PM this week. At night we change your diaper, put your jammies on and swaddle you. Then we feed you one last time and rock until your eyes start to get heavy. We lay you down in your pack and play and your eyes pop back open but you usually don't cry as long as you have your paci. We turn out the light and turn on the hepa filter and thats usually the last we hear from you. Yes, your mom is terrible and still has you in our room but its so much easier since you still eat 1-2 times a night.
Eating: You are still eating every 3 hours, occasionally every 2.5 hours. I think you haven't stretch it out more because you spit up SOOOO MUCH! I'm looking forward to getting some solids in you in a couple of months so hopefully that will improve.
Mobility: None yet but you are working awefully hard to build up those leg muscles! You love to kick your legs and feet while on your play mat and you love to stand up in my lap when I'm holding you. You can now squirm your way off the play mat, I guess its from all that kicking!
3 month bunny pictures will soon follow. Right now I've been cooking multiple meals each night thanks to the big freezer thaw (thats an entire post I don't have the heart to write yet). Thank you sweet baby girl for your patience while mom and dad are busy in the kitchen. You have been super sweet hanging out in your bouncy seat on the counter top and jamming to music on the iphone. Love you so much!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment