Shortly after Miles turned 6 months he started getting mobile around the living room. It was sort of a get up on my hands and knees, rock a little bit and then heave myself forward onto my belly like a whale motion. He could move both his hands and his legs when in the crawling position he just didn't have the timing down to do it in sync. Being able to move around even just a little and get to toys made him a lot happier to be down on the floor and play on his own a little bit. The day after his 7 month birthday he finally got the crawling down!! It only took him 3 days to go from clumsily crawling around the living room to I just blinked and he is on the other side of the house! It took him just 2 more days to be able to get back into a sitting position after crawling and to start crawling over objects like toys and shoes. He loves to crawl all over the house just exploring all on his own. Other times he follows me around like a little shadow. He loves being able to move around on his own!!
Sleeping at night is still pretty rough. We have a few good nights mixed in with a string of bad nights. We've been letting him cry it out more but he usually cries for an hour to an hour and a half with us checking on him every 10 minutes, which means a lot less sleep for mom and dad. Hopefully he is going to get the hang of this sleeping thing sooner rather than later. He is still a momma's boy!! This week Brian had both kids in Clara's room reading books while I was putting away laundry. I walked past Clara's door and as soon as he saw me he started screaming until I came and picked him up. This is pretty much the norm. He has gotten kicked out of the nursery the last two Sundays because he cried the whole time. Luckily he makes up for all this torture with his cuteness. He has the most adorable smile and has started to babble and blow raspberries which melts my heart. Instead of laughing a lot of the time he will make this adorable little aghhh noise.
We have been kind of stalled at introducing more solids this month because of some serious constipation issues. Miles gets solids once a day at dinner time and until the last few days its either been prunes, pears or peaches. I tried just about everything I could think of and everything I read about to help the constipation but it has been terrible!! I started mixing in a little ground flax seed and adding extra water to his solids to help the constipation but no luck. The poor kid has gone through two whole boxes of suppositories this month. Finally I called the doctor and told them we had tried EVERYTHING so they called in a prescription for Miralax and after being on that for a week he is a new man! He has loved getting to try some new foods the last couple of days.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
e.jpg)
e.jpg)
e.jpg)
e.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment