I love as Clara learns more and more words! She now puts 5 or 6 words together although not entirely complete sentences yet. My favorite word she says right now is hungry. It sounds more like hongey and makes me smile every time she says it! Today I told her to come get in her chair because lunch was ready. She said no mommy, I watching the news. Since the weather is terrible we've had the news on all day (well at least the part of the day that we've had power). She keeps asking to watch Elmo and we keep telling her no we have to watch the news. So I guess she thought she better watch too. She has also started asking us to hold her since brother came home. She says daddy holda or mommy holda. When two of our close friends came over this week I had told her ahead of time that Kim and Shelly were coming to see us. Both times she said Kim holda Clara, not brother and Shelly holda Clara, not brother. And sure enough, when they got here she wanted both of them to hold her. This is something new, she definitely didn't really want people holding her before Miles came home unless she was tired or hurt.
Since we haven't been able to get out of the house much this week with the terrible weather I decided to let Clara help me make an applesauce spice cake. She LOVED helping me and I let her add all the ingredients to the mixer after I measured them out and let her stir. It made a HUGE mess but she was so proud of her birthday cake as she called it. When we all ate a piece at dinner that night she kept telling Brian, Clara made, Clara made.
Before the snow started we went to a fun Valentines party at Clara's friends Jack and Lucy's house. She had an awesome time and we made it home just as the snow started sticking to the road.
1 comment:
Look at you fearless super mom!
Post a Comment