Our sweet boy has been home a little over a week and he couldn't be a better baby! We love him so much!!
Miles was born on Monday, January 27th at 9:28 PM weighing 7lbs 7oz and 21 inches long. His apgar score was 8 then 9, a perfectly healthy little boy! If you want to know the details read on and if not just skip to the adorable pictures :)
I started having extremely mild but consistent contractions about lunch time that day. I went to the doctor at about 3PM to be monitored to see if they were real contractions. They felt exactly like the braxton hicks contractions I'd been having for the last several months except that they were occurring on a regular basis, normally they were pretty irregular. I really wasn't convinced that this was the real thing because although they were uncomfortable they didn't hurt at all. At the doctor they put me on the monitor and they were consistently coming every 2 minutes. They didn't keep me on the monitor long before they sent me to Rex to have a baby! What a relief to go into the hospital like a normal person rather than the crazy, your gonna have a baby any minute that happened with Clara! That was definitely an answer to many many prayers! Four days earlier at my doctors appointment I had been 4cm and 80 percent thinned. When we got to the hospital I was 5cm and 100 percent thinned. They had me walk around for an hour and when I came back I was at 7cm. The contractions were a little stronger when I was walking but I still wouldn't say they were painful. They decided to go ahead and give me an epidural before they broke my water since things progressed so very quickly with Clara. I got the epidural then they broke my water but things kind of stalled after that and there wasn't any progress for a couple of hours. We had a little scare during this time because his heart rate base line was so low and occasionally it would dip down lower than they wanted it to. That was a pretty scary few minutes. They put additional monitors on him and finally they decided he just has a naturally low blood pressure like I do. They decided to give me a very low drip of pitocin to get the contractions coming stronger since I wasn't progressing anymore but before I got the pitocin the contractions all of a sudden started getting really strong and really close together. Even though I had an epidural the contractions were hurting A LOT. The nurses kept saying that it was just pressure but I'm pretty sure pressure doesn't hurt that much. Twenty minutes later the nurse went to check me and it was time to push! I pushed through the next contraction and they told me to stop because they had to get the doctor. Luckily she came quickly because I pushed through the next contraction and his head was out. 3 pushes and we had a baby! The nurse said no wonder I was complaining about pain since I went from 7cm to baby in my arms in 30 minutes! So overall about 9 hours of labor but only about 30 minutes of that was terrible. It was worth every second to hold this beautiful little man in my arms!
Clara LOVES her baby brother! She smothers him with kisses every chance she gets.
Getting dressed so he can finally go home!
When we got home sister was ready to play in the snow with daddy! Miles was born the day before we had a big snow storm. Another answer to prayer was that he came before, not during the storm!! We got to sit in our toasty hospital room with 24 hour food service and watch the snow fall out the window while we held our new little man. Not a bad way to spend a snow storm!
Here's our little boy today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
Congrats! He is adorable...and yes, girl - it hurts when they come fast! I,too, went from 7cm to him laying on my chest in less than 20 minutes with Easton. I thought I would DIE! A resident they grabbed from the hallway delivered him. Fun stories to tell our fella's one day!
Post a Comment