We had a Christmas party with our friends the Kings and Washburns the week before Christmas.
Clara got an Elmo doll from the Washburns. She was quite a fan.
She got an Elmo book from the Kings to stick with the theme. I've probably read it about 100 times at this point.
The Kings also got her a set of musical instruments because they know how much I love toys that are loud! I'm pretty sure I see a drum set in Titus's future.
Clara kept Elmo close by for several days. She even shared her snack with him. Love this sweet girl!!

Poor Clara was sick the week before and the week of Christmas but we did fit in a trip to the park during the 3 days between the two sicknesses. She started with hand foot and mouth virus then got over that only to get a really nasty cold. After 5 days of the cold not getting any better and her still running a fever we went to the doctor to find a double ear infection and fluid in her chest. After antibiotics and 5 days of breathing treatments she is finally our happy little girl again. FYI if you haven't had the joy of giving your kid breathing treatments, the steroids have the awesome side affect of making them super hyper. Poor Clara couldn't even stand still after the treatment so she would just jump up and down. Since it was freezing outside we couldn't take her outside to get the hyper out so we took many trips to Lowes and let her run like crazy all over the store. I'm pretty sure the people that work there hate to see us coming but its free, heated and there isn't much she can tear up like in other stores. She really likes the lawn mowers and the door section where she opens and closes every door a million times. Here are a couple of pictures from our trip to the park during her 2 days of healthiness in late December.

Clara made homemade sugar cookies with Gigi before Christmas.
And helped put icing on/sample them. I was going to take some to the neighbors but poor Clara sneezed on just about every one of them so we spared the neighbors our germs.
1 comment:
Drum set?? Ha! You don't scare me ;)
Post a Comment