Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 36 = Kidney Stones!

Week 36 has definitely been the least fun of this pregnancy! Sunday night I started having some lower back pain but I didn't think much of it since at this point something is hurting me pretty much all the time. Well the back pain kept me up most of the night and was worse the next morning. The pain seemed to be coming and going with contractions but there wasn't any sort of pattern so we thought maybe it was back labor that was just starting. By Monday afternoon the pain was pretty bad so we went to the doctor and they said it was just painful braxton hicks that had increased in frequency and intensity but I still was only dialated 1 cm. We went home and the pain just got worse so the next morning we went back to the doctors office to be diagnosed with a kidney stone. I've been through some pretty painful things in my life but nothing compares to that kidney stone!! On the up side, Dr. Zim said that the kidney stone is way more painful than labor and giving birth so I should be good to go when Miss Clara decides to come.

We also had two awesome baby showers last weekend that I have lots of pictures of but I haven't gotten the camera uploaded yet for obvious reasons. Below is a pic my friend Shelly took of our accountability group. Leslie made my beautiful corsage for the shower! We meet every other week for a Bible study and some girl time. Clara will make baby number 5 in our group, but the first girl!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com