At 4 months Miles has just started to nap longer stretches where he usually naps 2 longer naps, about 1.5 hours each then one or two cat naps in the evening. He goes to bed between 7:30PM and 8PM and gets up around 7AM. I wish I could say he sleeps through the night but that is definitely not the case. He was doing really well at night only getting up once but then he got an awful cold that lasted 2 weeks and kept him up a lot at night. Since then he has been getting up numerous times during the night and having trouble going back to sleep most of the time. Its something we are definitely working on and we hope being a bit more strict with his nap and feeding schedule during the day will help him sleep better at night. With there being two kids it is definitely a lot harder having him on a strict schedule because it pretty much means we stay home most of the day. But that's a lot easier to do now that its summer and we can get out the water table and pool.
Miles is still nursing exclusively every 3-4 hours and absolutely refuses to take a bottle. Last weekend I was sick with a stomach bug so Brian tried 5 different bottles but he wouldn't have anything to do with any of them.
Miles can roll easily from back to front and front to back. And has just the last few days started to like being in the exersaucer. He will stay in there a lot longer if Clara is nearby and he can watch her or she is talking/playing with him. He LOVES Clara and even though she can be a little rough with him sometimes he hardly ever cries at anything she does to him. This week he laughed for the first time when Brian was tickling him. It was soo adorable but he only did it twice and hasn't done it since. I can't wait till I start hearing that little laugh all the time!
At Miles' 4 month appointment he weighed 13 pounds (15%) and was 25.5 inches long (75%). His head was 40.8 cm (15%). I guess the huge height and weight discrepancy is why he has just started wearing size 9 month sleepers and still wears size 3 month shorts.
We love the infectious smile this little boy has and his love for snuggles sure does make his mom happy. I know it won't be long at all until he's running around with his sister so I'm trying to savor every moment of him being little.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment