

My college roommate met us at my mom and dad's house for the day with her two girls. Wow, a lot has changed in the ten years since we graduated! Clara loved having some older girls to play with! Wish we didn't live so far from each other.







We don't have to worry about Miles getting bored.

Clara figured out how to climb out of her crib this month. It had been a particularly horrible day but by 12:30 I had managed to get both kids in bed for nap. I too laid down on the couch for a nap which was long overdue since Miles still gets up numerous times a night. After a while I am awakened by a little voice, "Mommy I'm done going night night." I thought I must be dreaming still because the voice seemed so close by. But when I squeezed open one eye I see her standing right beside the couch. Please no it must be a nightmare because my kids are both upstairs in their cribs where they are contained until I come and get them out. But no, I was awake. I had pretty much convinced myself that Clara loved her crib and would peacefully sleep in there until she was 15. Not the case.
We tried putting rails on the twin bed already in her room but she wasn't interested in sleeping there. She kept telling us to put her back in her bed. So we decided to take one side off the crib and that has worked great. At night we haven't had a single incident of her getting out of bed although naps have been a little more challenging. She has a clock that lights up and has a picture of a bunny going to sleep and a bunny waking up. She has to stay in bed until the bunny wakes up and she has done really well with that once she kind of figured out how it worked. At nap she was a little more inclined to get out of bed the first few days. We went to check on her when she was suppose to be napping and found her like this.

Yeah, that's diaper cream and no it did not come off easily. And yes she smelled like diaper cream for at least two days even after a bath. The same week she climbed out of her crib she started telling me every time she needed to go potty. A mother's dream I know but I am not ready for potty training! I have a 5 month old child that still gets up at a minimum of 3 times a night, generally more than that, so I don't patience or brain power for a big girl bed and potty training in the same week!!! Well Clara stayed dry for two solid days except for twice when we had friends over and I think she just forgot. You've got to be kidding me. So I go to target and buy her some pull ups. We do the pull up thing for two weeks but every day Clara become less and less interested in going potty. It seems the more we push her, the less inclined she is to go on the potty or to tell us she needs to go. So we have taken a break for now on the potty training. I think she could do it but I also think it will be a whole lot easier if I wait until she decides she is ready to do it. I was telling Brian that I think part of her personality is that if she is pushed too hard to do something she kind of shuts down. Brian says he has nooooo idea where she got that from. Kind of funny because I had never really thought about that being one of my personality traits but yeah I definitely do that. Too bad this kid is nothing like her mother...Ha!

My two favorite guys!







No comments:
Post a Comment