Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fun in the Sun and an Ikea trip!

I can't believe the summer is almost over! The thought usually brings tears to my eyes but since I'm pregnant and hot all the time I'm thinking bring on the snow and ice!!! Here are a few things we did the last couple of weeks. I'm a little (lot) behind on my blogging.

Keeping Mommy cool and having fun with the water table.


We went with friends to the Durham Life and Science Museum where there were tons of things for Clara to do. We will definitely be going back here. She talked about seeing the turtles and the owl for days.


Two weekends ago Clara spent the night with Mimi and Pop Pop while me and Bri went to Charlotte to Ikea. We started the trip with some meatballs! I LOVE their meatballs! Brian kept reminding me they probably had horse meat in them. Whatever, they are awesome. We spent the night at The Weston in downtown Charlotte. Our first real night away from Clara in almost 18 months!!! We had big dinner plans to go eat at one of my favorite restaurants downtown called Aria but it was pooring rain and the beds in that place are sooo comfy! So we just grabbed a bite to eat at the hotel and enjoyed having cable for the night. Pre-season football was on so we watched that for a while. Brian kept reminding me that this was why he loved me so much (apparently our shared love of football is more important that the 1.5 children I've given him). The next day we finished our Ikea trip but not without taking a considerable amount of time to try and fit everything into the car. We had borrowed my mom and dad's Yukon so we would have plenty of room (not quite). Brian said it was good he played a lot of Tetris growing up. I honestly thought I was going to have to go stand in the ginormous return line but Brian fit it all in the car! Our bonus room is now fully outfitted, we have a new chair and coffee table in the living room and I probably don't need to buy Clara any more Christmas presents.
While I was getting ready one morning I found Clara like this.
Yes, she is attempting to shave her baby doll's legs with my actual razor. Thank goodness she didn't loose any fingers before I found her.

This is what Clara does most mornings while I'm in the shower.

1 comment:

Shelly said...

You didn't tell me about Clara shaving the baby. That is awesome!!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com