Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

One year old!


My sweet baby girl, I can't believe you are one year old!! It has gone so fast but I have loved every minute of it! You are such a blessing from the Lord to your dad and I. Your smile melts our hearts over and over and we cannot get enough of your giggles! I can't wait to see what the next year brings as your personality comes out more and more. Today you had your one year check-up and got three shots. You did amazing and only cried until I picked you up. Here are your stats: Weight - 20.3 lbs (40th percentile), Height - 30' - (75th percentile), Head circumference - 43.7cm (15th percentile). Your still our tall little girl!

My favorite moments: Its hard to narrow it down, now that we see so much more of your personality. I love that every time the phone rings you say dada, dada, dada and come running! You love to talk to dada on the phone although most of the time you end up hanging up on him. Yesterday you said your first word combination. Dad was on the phone and we were talking to him. I told you to say hi to dad and you said "Hi Dada."  At first I thought it was a fluke but you said it several times after that. You have gotten really good at saying Hi and waving. You love going to the park and can go down the little slide by yourself on your tummy. You want to do it over and over again. You LOVE to give hugs! And I can't get enough of them. If I squat down on your level you will usually run to me with your arms out so you can give me a hug. I love it! You also really like to give Abby and Lexie hugs but they don't enjoy it quite as much. 

Clara quirks: You still LOVE Hope the cat. You can say "kitty" now although it sounds a little more vulgar than that since you substitute the k for a t. We have been practicing being gentle and you are getting better at patting rather than pulling but its still more than you can resist when she swishes her tail in your face. You copy everything we do now! This morning I was swishing with mouth wash and you just starred at me, then you started doing something weird with your lips like you were swishing your own mouthwash. Too cute! You went through a tiny spell this month where you would start screaming when we dropped you off at church nursery. You hadn't done that in a long time but all of a sudden started up again. The last two weeks you have done better so hopefully that little spell has past because it breaks my heart when I have to leave you crying and saying mama over and over.

Nap/Sleep: You are still taking 2 naps a day, one around 10am for 45min-1 hr and another around 2PM for about 2 hrs, sometimes more if we had a really busy day at the park. At night you go down at 8PM and get up around 7:30. You still wake up some during the night but not every night (note, I consider 6AM to be in the middle of the night!). You usually do really good about going back to sleep once we give you your paci and sing to you. You have started kind of humming with me when I sing Jesus loves me to you before bed. I love it!

Eating: Just this week tooth number 5 came in! You have been doing a lot better about trying to chew things rather than just swallowing everything whole. You love to eat and I'm amazed sometimes at how much you can eat! One night I made a roasted potato and mushroom casserole and I'm pretty sure you ate more than I did! You are still taking three bottles of formula a day but next week we are going to start doing 50% whole milk with your formula. Some of the things you like to eat are peas, black beans, corn, broccoli, pasta, potatoes, fruit (as long as its pureed), ham, chicken, turkey sausage, and graham crackers. A few nights this week I have tried to give you some of your leftover birthday cake and you are not interested. Your dad says you must not be his child if you don't like cake. You really like when dad gives you a few sips of his orange juice in the morning out of his glass, but other than that you just drink water out of your sippy cup. 

Mobility: You are fast kid! I only have to turn my back for a split second and you are on the other side of the house getting into trouble! We just had to put a lock on the trash can because you thought it was pretty cool to sneak in the kitchen and put your toys in the trash. You have gotten a lot better the last week or so at walking around outside on uneven surfaces like the sand on the playground or on the grass. 


The day we brought you home from the hospital the daffodils were blooming. You were a little smaller then. They were nice enough to bloom again this year on your birthday!

Did you know I am 1 year old!!!







Clara's first of many turkey sausages!

This month we had lots of play dates!

We love to give hugs to our baby doll.

1 comment:

Shannon Dingle said...

Happy birthday, Clara!

And, yep, I get the kitty thing. Jocelyn took a loooooooooong time to get the "k" sound instead of substituting a "t." Ha!

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com