We had an amazing time celebrating Clara's first birthday! I think she enjoyed her first birthday an awful lot too! We did a farm theme since this little girl has loved Old MacDonald with a passion since she was about 3 months old. Of course we had to make it a little more girly by adding some pink and a few polka dots. We had it at the park across the street from our house which made it super convenient although still a lot of work. I tried to do some photo shop magic on the pictures below. I'm still learning but I don't think they look half bad.
This was Clara's very own cake to go crazy with. I baked it using applesauce and pureed prunes so it didn't have quite the massive sugar overload. It still tasted awesome. I would know since I ate most of the leftovers :) Brian did the decorating. Who knew that my husband has a secret cake decorating talent!! Good to know we have a plan B in case being an electrical engineer doesn't work out.
We got the big cake from Whole Foods and it looked amazing! I can't verify if it tasted good because of the whole stupid gluten allergy thing but everyone said it was delicious! I had told them we wanted a "girly farm theme" and they gave us just that!








No comments:
Post a Comment