Tuesday, August 30, 2011
I'm Pregnant!
We are finally officially telling people that we are PREGNANT!! Its been so hard having to keep it a secret the past 3 months but now we are finally telling everyone. Plus the fact that my belly is starting to poke out a little, so it would be hard to keep it a secret much longer! I found a cute survey online to fill out so that I can remember all this early pregnancy stuff. Several people have told me to write it down because I definitely won't remember by the end. Well here goes nothing...
Mother Name: Megan
Age: 29
Birthday: Nov. 10
Height: 5’3"
Father Name: Brian
Age: 28
Birthday: May 13
Height: 6'
How far along are you now?: 12 weeks
FIRSTS:
Is this your first pregnancy?: Yes!
How did you find out you were pregnant?: I was late but really wasn't worried about it, I mean who gets pregnant on the first try?? Plus I had been out of town most of the month with work trips. Anyway, finally I took a test and it was positive. By that point I was 5.5 weeks.
How many tests did you take?: When the first test was positive and I told Brian he wanted to see the test himself. Then he wanted me to bring him the instructions to make sure I had read it right! The next day I took another test and that one was positive immediately!
What were your first symptoms?: Before I took the test I had no symptoms! About a week afterwards the nausea started. I'm also tired all the time, nothing tastes good and if I lay down too soon after dinner I get indigestion.
Did you have morning sickness?: I would prefer to call is all day nausea
Who did you tell first?: Brian. We managed to keep it a secret for a while until I went yard saleing with my friend Ellen and I had to pee more often than she did (she was 8 months pregnant). She caught on pretty fast.
Who was with you when you found out? Brian
Was baby planned?: Yes
When was baby conceived?: Around June 6th
How far were you when you found out?: 5.5 weeks
Total weight gain: None so far from my pre-pregnancy weight. The first couple of months I lost a few pounds and now I'm back even where I was before I got pregnant.
Sleep: The first month of pregnancy I had trouble sleeping but now I sleep like a rock and can't get enough sleep! Brian says I've turned into a one woman furnace at night. He now drops the thermostat and sleeps with a fan on!
My BABY:
Due date:: March 12, 2012
Do you want to know the sex?:Yes!!!
Any intuitions?: I would love for the first one to be a boy so he could be the big brother but I'm fine either way. Brian thinks its a boy because I tend to say "he" when I'm talking about the baby. But mostly it just feels weird to say "it".
Any Old Wives Tale for Gender? I've heard that if the heart rate is above 140 its probably a girl. At my last appointment the heart rate was 168 so that would suggest girl if you believe the old wives tale.
Do you know the sex?: Not yet!
Any names?: I have a few that I like. Brian doesn't like most of them. We are gonna worry about names once we actually know if its a boy or girl.
Any ultrasounds?: One at 8 weeks and another at 10 weeks. At the 10 week ultrasound the baby was moving all over the place, kicking its feet and moving its hands. It was amazing!
Have you heard the heartbeat?: Yes! Twice! It was amazing how fast it was beating. The first time it was 174 and the second time it was 168.
Who do you think baby will look like?: Either is fine with me as long as the poor baby doesn't get my extra wide feet which makes buying shoes impossible! I would really really like if it got my blonde hair and blue eyes!
Will baby have any siblings?: Hopefully!
Have you felt baby move?: No but he/she is definitely sitting on my bladder!
MISCELLANEOUS:
Did you have any cravings?: Not really....food in general is a turn off right now, although that is getting a little better. I have eaten my fair share of ice cream in the past 3 months. Its one of the few things that doesn't make me queasy. Probably because its cold.
Did you have any mood swings?: No but I have found that my temper comes out a little more often than it use to.
Are you a high risk pregnancy?: No
Any complications?: None so far.
Formula or breastfeeding?: Breastfeeding
Have you bought anything for baby yet?: Yes! I have several things that I've bought at yard sales over the past year knowing that we were gonna start trying soon. I also bought several sleepers and onsies at a consignment sale this past weekend. My mom and dad bought us a glider and ottoman but we had to special order the fabric we wanted and that takes 16 weeks!!
When did you start to show?: Now! I have a little bump!
How long could you wear your regular clothes?: Bottoms: only 2 months. I can still wear most of the tops.
Are you excited?: Ecstatic!
Who will help with baby after their born?: Hubby and Grandmas
What is your favorite thing about being pregnant?: So far there haven't been a ton of positives but hopefully that is gonna get better as I near the end of the first trimester. I am excited that my belly is sticking out a little. Its fun to look down and think that baby is in there!!
What is the worst thing about being pregnant?: Tired, nausea, feeling starving but nothing sounds good to eat. Smells make me gag.
What’s one thing do you miss doing since being pregnant?: An ice cold fat tire beer would be awesome! I actually dreamed the other night that I drank a beer accidentally and was so upset because I had forgotten I was pregnant.
Any days you wish you weren't pregnant?: Absolutely not
Are you ready for baby?: As ready as you can be.
How many kids do you want?: 3 or 4
Do you talk to your baby?: A little.
Do you still feel attractive?: Most days.
Have you had your baby shower yet?: No
What are you most looking forward to in the next trimester? Food being a little more appealing.
What is your biggest fear? The birth!! I know a girl that got an epidural but she was in labor for so long that it wore off before she gave birth and she couldn't get another one. Can you say NIGHTMARE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment