The last week in June I went to Tacoma, WA with work. It was soooo nice to get away from the heat. The high the whole weak was 75 degrees. We went on a nursery inspection then to a 2 day workshop. Most of my pictures are of plants but here's a fun one of my boss Russ holding a diseased leaf.
In July Brian finally used his Christmas present groupon and flew a helicopter in Louisburg! I went with him and took a million pictures. We both had a great time. Brian said it was a whole lot harder than it looked. I think this is the first present that I have EVER gotten Brian that he didn't guess what it was before he opened it! I was told that I'm the best wife ever after the flight, so I'm guessing he liked it.
The next weekend we went to my parent's house and spent lots of time by the pool! My good friend Laura came over with her son Benjamin for his first "big pool" experience. He wasn't a huge fan but I think it will grow on him. I bought him the pelican float which looked really cute on the picture on the box. Then we blew it up. There were several comments on me getting him an angry bird float. It does look kinda mean. Don't you love Benjamin's serious expressions!!
My cousins Ashley and Chris were also in town from Florida. It was awesome to see them since we don't get together very often. Ashley brought her two boys over to the pool and Chase had a blast playing pool basketball with Brian.
For vacation this year Brian and I went to Colorado. We sorta did a road trip starting south in Colorado Springs, then heading west to Aspen and Glenwood Springs, then noth to Grand Lake and Rocky Mtn National Park and finally down to Denver. We had an awesome trip and the scenery was absoluely breathtaking! Aspen was both of our favorites although seeing the Elk in RMNP was pretty awesome too!
Here I am at Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. We stayed here with our friend Dan's parents and what a treat! They live in a gorgeous 200 year old house on one of the main streets in downtown Colorado Springs.
Yes, we are terrible people and were feeding the wildlife. But to my own credit, they came right up to the picnic tables inches from my feet and started begging. It was pretty hard to resist. He was a big fan of peanut butter and jelly.
This place was BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could show you a 360 degree pic of the place. We were past the timberline so no trees, just miles of wildflowers!
Maroon Bells Wilderness Area near Aspen. This was by far my favorite place! We got to see wild columbine, crazy swollen rivers from the snowmelt, aspen groves and snow covered mountains.
Isn't this the most beautiful place you've ever seen!!
Mirror Lake in Glenwood Springs. The picture really doesn't do the place justice. The water was the most amazing crystal blue color with waterfalls coming in from 3 directions. Amazing! However, the hike to get up there was not amazing. 1.5 miles straight up a rock covered path with thin air at almost 12,000 feet = I thought I was gonna die!!! I think I drank all of the first thermos of water and 3/4 of the second one by the time we got to the top. Luckily I have a loving husband who didn't complain that I had drank all the water. He also didn't complain when I got stung by something on my hand and had a major meltdown since I was already exhausted and had drank ALL the water by that point. What a great man I've got!
Saint Mary's glacier near Idaho Springs. Although you can't tell in the picture, this thing is HUGE!
It was FREEZING up by that glacier! The wind was blowing like crazy, look at my hair! Ha! And yes I'm finishing off a can of pringles. I had totally forgotten how good they are!! The trees around me are actually hundreds of years old, they just look short and stubby because of the crazy conditions up there.
Rocky Mtn National Park. We were really hoping to see a moose in this meadow because we were told this is where they like to hang out, but no luck.
We did see some Elk!!!
We had dinner at the Stanley Hotel where The Shinning was filmed in Estes Park. The food was FANTASTIC!
Of course we couldn't go to Colorado without going to the brewery where Fat Tire is brewed! YUM!!


No comments:
Post a Comment