Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Crazy Week!

As most of you probably already know, this has been a crazy week for Brian and I. It started out great with Monday being a holiday, then went downhill. Tuesday morning Brian woke up with a weird sorta stomach ache. We went to the Student Health Center on campus and were sent to the hospital shortly after. A few hours later Brian was in surgery getting his appendix removed. The whole ordeal was crazy stressful and surreal but thank goodness the surgery went well and Brian is now home recovering after only one night in the hospital. I have gotten several questions regarding what the appendix actually does and I didn't have an answer so here is what WebMD says:
The function of the appendix is unknown. One theory is that the appendix acts as a storehouse for good bacteria, “rebooting” the digestive system after diarrheal illnesses. Other experts believe the appendix is just a useless remnant from our evolutionary past. Surgical removal of the appendix causes no observable health problems.
Apparently 1 in every 15 people have to have their appendix removed which seems really high! I'm hoping that since Brian got his out I'll get to keep mine!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com