This picture looks totally staged, but believe it or not I walked into the living room and this is how I found them. Hope (the cat) is actually great friends with the dogs. She reguarly naps with Lexie (brown dog).
This past weekend Brian and I went to Raeford to see mom and dad. Saturday morning Brian dragged my butt out of bed at 6:00 AM to go fishing (my grandpa has two big ponds at one of the turkey farms). Brian really likes to fish, although we rarely get to because of our busy schedules. His grandfather owned a bait and tackle store long ago so he grew up being the designated worm digger and cleaner outer of the minnow box (apparently a VERY stinky job). He also went fishing a lot as a child. I also did a good bit of fishing as a child but unfortunately I have not outgrown my lack of patience if the fish aren't biting. I caught one big Brim and that's about it. Brian caught 6 or 7 small Brim which he removes from the hook then throws up on the bank. He says it helps the others get big because all the babies aren't eating all the food. I on the other hand am totally opposed to killing a fish we aren't going to eat, so I would go slip them back into the water when he wasn't looking. Brian was a little upset when he found this out, but this is not one of those battles he's going to win. I don't kill innocent baby fish.


No comments:
Post a Comment