Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Rainy day fun

It's been hot. I mean really hot. So about the only time we can go outside is first thing in the morning but today it rained during our tiny window of outside time so I had to get creative to keep these two crazy kids busy. 

First we painted...


Then we took a real bath with lots of scrubbing because that food coloring paint was no joke. Clara still has some slightly blue body parts. 

Then I got out a little yard sale find I had stored away for a rainy day...




Possibly the best $3 I ever spent. I thought it was just a tunnel so I was surprised to find out it was a whole maze! The kids loved it and played in it way longer than I expected. I actually got a shower without any "help". 

Then Clara informed me she was ready for a snack. I was getting ready to tell her no because she didn't eat her breakfast but then Miles walks to the door, points and says snack (ok it sounded more like nak but I got the point). So of course we had snack to celebrate Miles' new word. 

Then finally it looked dry outside so we got everyone's shoes on (this takes at least 20 minutes to locate and put on said shoes) and headed outside. It was only 90 degrees but thanks to the rain it felt like a steam room so we played tee ball for about 15 minutes before I thought I might actually melt. Clara has improved tremendously since last summer and Miles has amazing coordination and was able to hit the ball off the tee all by himself a couple of times!

Some black beans and fresh peaches for lunch and off to bed. I made it!! Now two precious hours of quiet before they are ready to go again!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com