Oh my goodness is apparently something I say a lot although I didn't realize it. Clara has taken up the saying and says it with exactly the same enthusiasm as I say it. This kid is constantly cracking me up! She also has started saying oh Clara, with the same exasperated tone I use. Today during lunch I was nursing Miles and she wasn't getting the attention she thought she deserved so she dumped the juice left over from her pineapple onto the floor. I turn around to see what she's done and as soon as I look at her with that what have you done now expression she says oh Clara then a big sigh... exactly like I was getting ready to do. It was all I could do to keep a straight face!
On Monday Clara went poo poo in the potty which completely shocked me. I know so many friends who have had a lot of trouble with that so I really have only been encouraging her to go pee pee in the potty even though we have mentioned that she gets even more treats if she does the other. This next part might be too much information so I apologize. Monday morning I was getting ready to get in the shower so I took her into the play room and she having some gas so I reminded her that if she went poo poo on the potty she would get a really big treat. She said ok like she usually does and then told me she wanted to play blocks. So I'm getting her blocks out and she says mommy I go poo poo on the potty. So we both run to the bathroom and although she didn't get there fast enough to get it all in the potty she got some in there. I was so excited I gave her like half a cup of m&ms! So then we called daddy and told him and she wanted to also call Mimi and Pop Pop and tell them. We talked lots about it during the day and how proud mommy was of her. Well that night we went to Lowes.... you know where this is going. Brian went to get some things and me and Clara went to the washers and dryers which she still loves to play in. A lady comes up and asks us if she can help us and Clara blurts out I Clara, this my brother Miles, that my mommy and I go poo poo in the potty! The woman looks a little flustered and says do you need the bathroom, its over there and starts pointing and looking nervous. No no I tell her, it was this morning, we are just still really excited about it. Out of the mouth of babes she says and starts laughing. I'm pretty sure I was completely red! Never a dull moment with this one!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment