11 Months old!! I can hardly believe it!! I know I say that every month but I am continually amazed at how fast you are growing! About this time last year I was HUGE and soooo ready to meet my little girl. You were ready to get here too apparently since I had contractions all the time and had to spend most of my free time on the couch.
My favorite moments: We have an ottoman between the entry way of the living room and kitchen. The baby gate didn't work out so well because you would just shake it until it finally came down. You like to lean around the door frame to see me in the kitchen and all I can see is the top of your head and your eyes peek around the doorway. Its the cutest thing ever. Of course I never have my camera handy. We have an old tv remote we let you play with and you have started pointing it at the tv and pushing the buttons. You watch EVERYTHING we do! You have also started to recognize words a lot more. When we say baby you look or point to the mirror so you can see yourself (the baby). You can also recognize mom and dad in pictures.
Clara quirks: Your smile and laugh are infectious! I love them both so much! Dad can get the best giggles out of you. It usually involved rolling around on the floor like a rolling pin. You also love watching other children. When we go to the park you squeal and get really excited when you see other kids. You also love Hope the cat. We are working on being gentle but you still really like to pull her tail.
Nap/Sleep: We are down to two naps a day, one around 10AM for 45min to an hour and one in the afternoon, usually around 2PM for 1-2.5 hours. We have had a few rough nights this month when dealing with an ear infection but other than that you are still a great sleeper. You go down around 8PM and get up around 6AM to wake dad up for work and have some milk. Then you go back to sleep till 7:30 or 8. I could probably ween you off your early morning bottle but dad likes seeing you before work and I think it helps you to sleep later (mom likes her beauty rest!).
Clara quirks: Your smile and laugh are infectious! I love them both so much! Dad can get the best giggles out of you. It usually involved rolling around on the floor like a rolling pin. You also love watching other children. When we go to the park you squeal and get really excited when you see other kids. You also love Hope the cat. We are working on being gentle but you still really like to pull her tail.
Nap/Sleep: We are down to two naps a day, one around 10AM for 45min to an hour and one in the afternoon, usually around 2PM for 1-2.5 hours. We have had a few rough nights this month when dealing with an ear infection but other than that you are still a great sleeper. You go down around 8PM and get up around 6AM to wake dad up for work and have some milk. Then you go back to sleep till 7:30 or 8. I could probably ween you off your early morning bottle but dad likes seeing you before work and I think it helps you to sleep later (mom likes her beauty rest!).
Eating: All of a sudden you have decided that you don't like pears (previously your favorite food) but you now love love love bananas. If you see me pull out a banana you get all kinds of excited! I've started breaking the banana into thirds and giving you big pieces instead of breaking it up. You make such a mess but you love it! You now have 4 teeth, two on the bottom and two on the top. I'm still only giving you one full solid meal a day but we have been doing some fruit most mornings and graham crackers or puffs during the day. You have 4 teeth now, two on the top and two on the bottom. You still can't chew crunchy things very well but you do really well with biting off bits of graham cracker.
Mobility: We are walking!! I love watching you toddle all over the house. Even though you have been walking for a few weeks I'm still constantly amazed when you just stand up and walk across the room. Your balance is getting better and better every day. We can tell now when you are getting sleepy because you get really clumsy and start falling a lot and running into things. After a nap you are good as new!



No comments:
Post a Comment