Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

The Exciting World of Plant Pathology

For all of you who wonder what a crazy plant person does all day... here's a recap of my day so far.


1) My day started with 33 unread emails. Who sends emails between 5:00 friday evening and 8:00 monday morning?? Really!!

2) The first few emails were about a study I'm helping coordinate in another state. Our diseased plants have apparently been cured (this was not the intent of the study) which means we need more diseased plants to continue the study but don't have information as to where more diseased plants are right now. So I'm contacting people, trying to find some...somewhere....anywhere.....no luck. For five points anyone know what diseased plant this is?



3) Now a bunch of emails about a Nursery assessment I went on a few weeks ago...when is the document going to be released to the public? Well I'm only through with one of the 5 comment periods so the answer is...its gonna be a while!

4) Some new scientific articles have just been published on one of our major pathogens and I need to read them (with the hope that I can retain the information).

5) Can you write up a summary of the Denver meeting for our weekly internal activity report? Check!

6)A question about the committee meeting minutes sent to me last week....oops I haven't gotten around to reading those....better put that at the top of the list!

7) Questions about the research proposals I sent in last week... where is my project on the spreadsheet.....right here....okay. Check!

8) Now I'm done with emails and I can actually try and do some of the things on my list!! Except its already lunch time...geez.

9) Plans for the afternoon: 3:00 meeting, make phone call to get pricing on promotional materials, complete CA workplan, make edits to soil testing protocol, then get to co-workers going away party on time. Italian food...yummy!

So....its not glamorous but I like it!!! Plus they throw in a plant emergency every now and then to keep you on your toes!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com