Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not ready for children!

Yesterday, before church we decided to leave the dogs inside since it was going to be a hot day. When we aren't home we put up a babygate and lock the dogs in the kitchen even though they rarely get into anything now that they are older. So, when we got home we noticed that the baby gate was knocked down, not a big deal because the cat often knocks it down when she jumps over it (she likes to do this off the dining room table, push off the baby gate and into the living room manuver). We put the dogs out to potty and as I walked into the living room I noticed a spot on the rug which looked like the cat had a hairball. So I got out the pet spray and paper towels and got it all cleaned up. Then I continued into the bedroom to change clothes, only to find another spot only it wasn't yellow, it was brown and a bit bigger. I told Brian that one was probably from the dogs and it was his turn to clean it up. He starts walking around the house then and yells I will clean that one up if you clean up this one! In the back bedroom one of the dogs (we are pretty sure it was Lexie) had diarrhea all over the carpet! It was terrible and smelled even worse!!! Brian, being the wonderful husband that he is agreed to clean it up because I told him I would just rip up the carpet instead! He put on my latex dish washing gloves, got the whole roll of paper towels, then told me I had to hold the plastic bag for him to put the paper towels in. I did pretty good, I only gagged twice. After 3 rounds of resolve and the spot bot there is still a stain which means stanley steamer is coming this summer (i'm kinda glad because I wanted to get the carpet shampooed anyway but before this episode it seemed like an extravagance). Brian told me I am definitely not ready for children, however I'm pretty sure kid poo does not smell that bad!

No comments:

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com